Thursday 29 January 2015

DIY Sock Helper

We have a nifty little gadget here at The Arthritis Society- a helper to put your sock on! Cool! As an advocate for fuzzy socks, I highly endorse the idea of a sock helper, except the prices of some of these things are outrageous. Unless Kate Spade is making one, I can't afford to spend $35.00 on it!


I should mention to you guys right now, my favourite thing to say when I go shopping is "I could make  that"...and often times I do. I'd rather save my 30+ dollars and buy a new blouse instead (only because I can't sew- yet!). I found the idea for the sock helper from a water bottle on various Pinterest boards. So here is my version...


Start with your clean and empty water bottle. I used a big 1L size.



Cut the top and bottom off the bottle. I used a pushpin to make some holes and create a point of entry for the scissors (be careful!)


Cut a strip out in the middle so it makes a C shape (for Christine!) I would probably make mine a little bit bigger than this if I were to re-do my sock aid. Depends how wide your foot is. Then I taped around the sides with packing tape so I wouldn't cut myself on the plastic.


I also added some fun duct tape to mine to make it look a bit nicer!
I took a hole punch and made holes near the top of the bottle, close to edges. I tied a piece of twine on each hole.


Bunch your sock up on the end. I found it works best to scrunch it up closer to the bottom. 


Put your foot in the middle. You can see here that I should have made a little bit more space for my foot, but hey- it still works. 


Use the pieces of string to pull the water bottle up your foot. Pulling one in each hand works best.


Sock on foot! (Kind of) I used ankle socks, so you may have better luck with a higher sock. Just adjust the back and...


You're good to go!


All of this made for free! I will be saving my $35.00 thank you!

Cheers, 

Christine









9 comments:

  1. Thanks for the post. Clear and consise with pics for those of us that learn by pics better.

    Alan
    Marana Az

    ReplyDelete
  2. These custom embroidered fuzzy socks are such a good skin feel for kids and add the benefit of protecting them from injuries related to abrasion, slips, and bruises. wholesale fuzzy socks

    ReplyDelete
  3. The ULTIMATE Sock Slider!! Worldwide Free Shipping.
    58% off for 7 days. If you want to buy visit this link: Sock Slider

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete


  6. Thanks for your posting, Really very helpful content Buy Princess Sleep shirtsThanks

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for your posting, Really very helpful content Lounge Sleepwear in Nightgowns

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank You, Kindly! One for Mom!

    ReplyDelete